- In 2009 SIS became one of the first Community and Voluntary Sector organisations to secure the cabinet office quality standard Customer Service Excellence. We have now held this quality mark for 9 years.
“There are excellent partnering arrangements base on SIS’s philosophy of treating partners as customers. Working with partners has enabled SIS to engage considerably with wider communities on emotive issues and has helped raise people’s awareness and understanding of these issues.” CSE Assessor Feb 2016
- SIS achieved Investors in People in February 2014. We chose not to renew this quality mark in 2017. We incorporated staff feedback as a customer group within CSE.
“Indicators of strong performance include the growth of the service and also the sucess of pilots in health promotion and advocacy with strong uptake” Iip Assessor
- SIS achieved Investing in Volunteers in December 2017.
“All volunteers interviewed felt valued and appreciated by the organisation. Volunteers themselves clearly gained a great deal from their involvement, “we help others, but also help ourselves; it’s esteem building”, “I can see the difference I make, it really changes someone’s life” and “it’s a stepping stone to see if I want to be an interpreter, at the same time I’m helping people and making new friends as I’m quite new to the area”.” IiV Assessors Report
SIS also receives unsolicited positive feedback mainly from the Public Service Providers using SIS.
We collate and monitor the feedback on a quarterly basis, this is used internally to motivate staff, particularly the linguists who perform autonomously and receive little feedback about the quality of their work.
- SIS aims to have an organisational culture in which complaints are encouraged and welcomed. An effective complaints policy and procedure ensures that SIS has the opportunity to put things right for an individual who has received poor service, and so that SIS can learn from its mistakes and improve the accessibility, delivery and the quality of services provided.
- We have completed and updated an Audit of Complaints in order to identify patterns and use this information to improve services.