- In 2009 SIS became one of the first Community and Voluntary Sector organisations to secure the cabinet office quality standard Customer Service Excellence. We have now held this quality mark for 6 years.
“There are excellent partnering arrangements base on SIS’s philosophy of treating partners as customers. Working with partners has enabled SIS to engage considerably with wider communities on emotive issues and has helped raise people’s awareness and understanding of these issues.” CSE Assessor Feb 2016
- SIS achieved Investors in People in February 2014.
“Indicators of strong performance include the growth of the service and also the sucess of pilots in health promotion and advocacy with strong uptake” Iip Assessor
- SIS achieved the Quality Performance Mark for Advocacy in June 2016.
“Working with 19 accredited sessional bilingual advocates who between them speak 15 different community languages, enables SIS to speak up for/with people who otherwise would remain unheard and unable to access mainstream services, on an equal footing with the rest of the population, in Brighton and Hove.” QPM Assessor June 2016
- SIS is committed to achieving Investing in Volunteers in 2016-17.
SIS also receives unsolicited positive feedback mainly from the Public Service Providers using SIS.
We also collate and monitor the feedback on a quarterly basis, this is used internally to motivate staff, particularly the Community Interpreter sessional workers who perform autonomously and receive little feedback about the quality of their work.
- SIS aims to have an organisational culture in which complaints are encouraged and welcomed. An effective complaints policy and procedure ensures that SIS has the opportunity to put things right for an individual who has received poor service, and so that SIS can learn from its mistakes and improve the accessibility, delivery and the quality of services provided.
- We have completed and updated an Audit of Complaints (PDF) in order to identify patterns and use this information to improve services.