- Do you speak English and another language (we are particularly interested in speakers of Bengali, Dari, Farsi, Lithuanian and Pashto at the moment)?
- Would you like to use your language skills to benefit others in your community?
- Do you have good communication skills and a friendly, helpful manner?
- Would you enjoy working as part of a team?
- Are you able to give approximately 3 hours each week?
Become a Volunteer Social Prescriber
Social Prescribing is a way of supporting people to find help for social, emotional or practical issues that are affecting their health and wellbeing. This could include health, housing, immigration, benefits, finances, education etc
Volunteer Social Prescribers will:
- talk to people about the help and support they need
- link people to specialist health and social support services
- help with making appointments, reading letters, filling in forms, booking interpreters
Volunteer Social Prescribers will receive:
- Free training in Social Prescribing and Community Outreach
- Additional skills development opportunities
- Support from a Projects Co-ordinator and from their peers
- Out of pocket expenses