- Do you speak English and another language fluently? (we are particularly interested in speakers of Arabic, Bengali, Farsi, Polish, Sorani)
- Would you like to use your language skills to benefit others in your community?
- Do you have good communication skills and a friendly, helpful manner?
- Would you enjoy working as part of a team?
- Are you able to give approximately 3 hours each week?
Become a Volunteer Social Prescriber
Social Prescribing is a way of supporting people to find help for social, emotional or practical issues that are affecting their health and wellbeing. This could include housing, immigration, benefits, finances, education etc
Volunteer Social Prescribers will:
- help staff our fortnightly Drop-In (when covid safe)
- talk to people and the help and support they need
- link people to specialist health and social support services
- help with making appointments, reading letters, filling in forms
Volunteer Social Prescribers will receive:
- Free training in Social Prescribing and Health Promotion
- Additional skills development opportunities
- Support from the Projects co-ordinator and from their peers
- Out of pocket expenses
For more information this service visit About Social Prescribing and to register your interest please contact Ben Williams on 01273 234016 or use the form below.