- Would you like to befriend someone in the community who is isolated because of their language, culture or immigration status?
- Do you have good communication skills and a friendly, helpful manner?
- Would you enjoy working as part of a team?
- Are you able to give approximately one hour each week?
Become a Volunteer Befriender
Telephone Befriending is a positive social experience that provides a welcome distraction from everyday issues.
Volunteer Telephone Befrienders will:
- Have good communication skills
- Be patient, flexible, empathetic and respectful
- Befriend one (or more) people for a minimum period of 3 months
- make a weekly phone call to their friend for up to one hour
- pass messages back to SIS about any practical or emotional needs of their friend
Volunteer Befrienders will receive:
- Training and a manual to deliver the work
- Receive additional skills development opportunities
- Support from the Projects Co-ordinator and from their peers
- Out of pocket expenses
For more information about the Befriending service click here and to register your interest please contact Ben Williams on 01273 234016 or use the form below.